Exim Bank Act
Completed 24 years of operations in March 2006
- Set up by an Act of Parliament in September 1981
- Commenced operations in March 1982
- Wholly owned by the Government of India
Export-Import Bank of India was set up for the purpose of financing, facilitating and promoting foreign trade in India.
Exim is the principal financial institution in the country for co-ordinating working of institutions engaged in financing exports and imports
Head office -Mumbai
A network of 14 offices in India and OverseasDomestic Offices:
- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune.
- Budapest, Johannesburg, London, Singapore, Washington DC.