Export-Import Bank of India ('the Bank') will not collect any personal information that identifies a visitor to this site individually unless specified otherwise. During your use of the Site, we will log only technical and routing information such as the IP Address of your computer and of the pages visited at the Site. Such information will be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to the site and general statistics on usage patterns. We may use this aggregate, statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing or promotional purposes.
Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Such information, for example, may be a user's password that is stored to avoid having to retype it during subsequent visits to a site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser itself.
In addition to our duty of confidentiality to subscribers, we shall at all times fully observe the provisions of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 ("the Act") in collecting, maintaining and using the personal data of subscribers. In particular, we observe the following principles:
- Personal data may not be used for any purposes other than those for which the data was collected at the time of collection or purposes directly related thereto; steps will be taken to protect personal data against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure.
- Subscribers do have the right of access to and for correction of their personal data held by us and the subscribers' request for access or correction will be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
- A subscriber's personal data is classified as confidential and can only be disclosed by us where permitted by the Act or otherwise legally required.
Subscriber Registration Obligations
Upon subscription to the Site, the Bank may collect such personal data from the subscriber as may be required for the efficient operation of or for provision of more relevant services. While the Bank undertakes to take all necessary safeguards to protect this confidential information, the subscriber in turn agrees to :
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about itself, and all other information as prompted by the Bank's registration or subscription form (such information being the "Registration Data") and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- If the subscriber provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate the subscription (or any portion thereof).
Subscriber Registration Obligations
- designing financial services or related products for subscribers' use;
- marketing financial services or related products;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Bank;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Bank, or participant or sub-participant of the Bank's rights in respect of the subscriber to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation; and purposes relating thereto.
Data held by the Bank relating to a subscriber will be kept confidential but the Bank may provide such information for the purposes earlier mentioned to the following parties:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to the Bank in connection with the operation of its business;
- any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Bank including a group company or associate of the Bank which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- any person including regulatory or governmental agency to whom the bank is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Bank or any of its branches;
Please note that any data or information that you post to a public bulletin board or chat room in the Site is available to all persons accessing the Site.
Links to other sites
Our Site may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
Please be aware that advertisers or Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those Web sites or advertisers.
Change of Policy
IMPORTANT: By accessing this Site and any of its pages, you are agreeing to the terms set out above.
Links to external websites/portals
We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site and no prior permission is required for the same. However, we would like you to inform us about any links provided to our site so that you can be informed of any changes or updations therein. Also, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Our website’s pages must load into a newly opened browser window of the user.
Material featured on this Portal may be reproduced free of charge after taking proper permission by sending a mail to us. However, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or a misleading context. Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the departments/copyright holders concerned.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.